If you elect an Employer Health Program (EHP) insurance plan, you receive extra benefits as an EHP plan member, including:
Direct Primary Care
This benefit offers you and your adult dependents (18 years or older) greater access to select primary care services with extended office hours, longer appointment times and virtual services, such as video visits and MyChart messages.
The Direct Primary Care practice is located on the Howard County General Hospital campus in the Medical Arts Building.
As part of this benefit, select primary care services are available for no additional charge, including:
- 8 primary care office or video visits, with no co-pay*
- 1 annual physical
- 1 flu vaccine
- 6 rapid tests (any combination of flu, streptococcus, urine, pregnancy and A1C)
- 1 electrocardiogram (EKG)
- Unlimited telephone consultation
- Unlimited direct access through phone and MyChart portal
- Unlimited blood draws and urine collections*
- Unlimited prior authorizations of medications
- Unlimited care coordination
* Costs may be incurred for ancillary services conducted during the visit and for lab work.
When faced with health challenges, you’re not alone. Through EHP, a team of nurses and care coordinators can help you better manage your daily health. Let them support you with:
- Transition of care: Ensures everything you need is in place when you leave the hospital.
- Complex care coordination: Support for a variety of complex health issues.
- Behavioral health care coordination: Confidential support regarding depression, autism spectrum disorder, anxiety, addiction, and more.
- Maternal/child health: Support throughout pregnancy and after birth until the child is a young adult.
Specialty Appointment Line: 866-206-7210
The Johns Hopkins EHP Specialty Appointment Line helps facilitate more timely appointments for specialty care with Johns Hopkins preferred providers.