Employee Tuition Assistance
If you are regularly scheduled to work 20 or more hours per week, you are eligible for tuition assistance after 90 days of employment.
- Assistance is provided only if you attend an accredited college/university for studies toward an approved degree.
- You must also agree to work for Johns Hopkins for a pre-determined period of time as detailed in the Tuition Assistance Policy.
If you were hired on or after Jan. 1, 2006 and have completed six months of service, scheduled at 20 or more hours per week, with Howard County General Hospital prior to class start date, you’re eligible for tuition assistance at Johns Hopkins University School of Nursing as well as other institutions:
- Johns Hopkins University School of Nursing: $15,000 per fiscal year (July 1 to June 30) for degree-seeking students with satisfactory completion of approved courses as detailed in the policy
- Other institutions: $7,500 per fiscal year (July 1 to June 30) for degree-seeking students with satisfactory completion of approved courses as detailed in the policy; Degree-seeking studies include associate’s degrees (A.A./A.S.), bachelor’s degrees (B.A./B.S.), master’s degrees (M.A., M.S.) and doctorate degrees (Ph.D., J.D.)
- For Undergraduate, Graduate, BSN, and MSN degrees, please review the below table as tuition reimbursement is determined based on your schedule hours worked and the degree you are seeking (RN/SBU employees, please refer to the contract):
There are a couple of scholarship opportunities available:
- Nursing Scholarship: If selected, you’ll receive up to $3,000 per year or $6,000 for an approved, accelerated nursing program.
- Hoerichs Nursing Scholarship Fund: If selected, you or your children can complete two clinical years of the nursing education program at Howard Community College.
For more information about either scholarship, call HCGH’s Nursing Administration Office at 410-740-7794 or the Howard Hospital Foundation at 410-740-7840.